one month!

Hola Familia!
oh my gosh the days are going by faster and faster. i cant believe ive already been here for one month! its crazy! i feel like i said goodbye to you guys forever ago...but at the same time it feels like it was last week!!
i still LOVE chile! i love it more everyday. i am constantly reminded of why i am serving this mission.
i think what ive learned in the mission this far is that i am not a very patient person. well, i can be with others but not with myself. learning a new language has been tough for me. and i know heavenly father is trying to teach me to be paitent with myself. i asked my teacher the other day how to be paitent with myself and he told me that i cant learn patience without knowing immpatience. he said always think of something that lifts me up. i am not perfect. not even close! but no one expects me to be perfect. learning takes time. another thing that ive learned a lot about is the grace of christ. there should never be just two options: giving up or quiting. "the blessings of christs atonement are continuous and his strength is perfect in our weakness". D&C 67:13- continue in patience until we are perfect. christ is not waiting at the finish line once we have done "all we can do". we recieve his grace before, during and after all we can do. grace is now!! my favorite hymn is "come, come ye saints". its seriously become my favorite. and i hum and sing it all the time. "grace shall be as your day". we can always count on the sun coming up in the morning. we can always have confidence in chirst. grace is constant. the task ahead of me is never as great as the power behind me. this is seriously the hardest thing ive ever done. i dont know how to tell or explain how hard its been! but all hard things are worth it. "why should we think to earn a great reward, if we now shun the fight". i love being a missionary. and i cannot wait to get to osorno and start teaching the gospel. i want to thank you mom and dad for raising me right. for teaching me the principals of the gospel. how lucky i am to have such amazing examples in my life! i love you all so so much. i read something the other day that said "if you're homesick, just remember that you are fortunate to have a family you miss. so think of it as a blessing." haha so im grateful for you guys.
so you know my tide to go pen i brought? yeah i havent used it once...but every single elder in my district has. HAHA i think its so funny!
my companion and i are super awesome! haha we are getting a lot better at teaching lessons and planning and stuff! and in the mtc we always talk about being unified with your companion. and its super funny because hermana durham and i say the same stuff at the exact same time!! in spanish! haha so we think we are pretty unified...haha. im so grateful for her. shes awesome! i dont know what i would do without her!
well, i love this gospel. i know that it is true. i love the book of mormon with all my heart. im learning so much here! and i feel like ive grown up so much!! thanks again for all the love and support. i can feel your prayers. and you are always in mine!!
con amor, hermana steele

No comments:

Post a Comment