Faith, fires, and funny stories!

Hola Familia! Como Están?!
So much to say so little time! Ah wow I had 30 emails inbox when I logged onto my email...haha thanks for all the love!! Seriously it´s the best.

So me and my compaion are working super hard! We talk to everyone that we can! And we are teaching a lot of lessons. Last week we invited 6 people to be baptized (which is a lot)...and one of them said yes! Her name is Nelly and we are teaching her again tomorrow! She´s super bueno. Just an hour ago, the AP called and told my companion and I congrats on how many people we are inviting to be baptized. When we got off the phone, my companion looked at me and said "Hermana, the APs never call anyone and say congrats. And you have been in the mission for a week." So that was pretty cool! We´ve been really focusing on using the book of mormon more in our lessons. (because the BOM is the better missionary). I seriously love that book so so much. It´s changing peoples lives here in chile.

Ok super funny story...haha. So yesterday my companion was quizing me on the congugations for preterit tense because that´s what I was studying the day before. So we are walking and I was totally congugating everything correct and getting it! So we are walking and I´m like "Wow, Spanish is easy!!" And me and Hermana Bennett just start laughing our heads off. Seriously it was so funny. Maybe you just had to be there...but I thought I would share that I´m seriously learning a language that somedays I feel like I will never speak or understand. I´m fasting and praying so much that I will learn spanish...and I totally am! Even if it´s slowly.

So I live in a little house connected to a home of a family in my branch. And it seriously reminds me of aunt stars cabin. Hermana Bennett and I sleep upstairs and its just like the attic with all the beds in the cabin. And the stairs make the same creaking sound when you walk up and down them!! Its great! I love it! Oh and we definately chop our own firewood and make fires! Haha I´ve learned to do both! It´s super awesome! We make fires in the morning because our house is always freezing cold. (so thanks mom for the slippers...I wear them all the time). Seriously at night I use 5 blankets hahaha. The mornings are cold but after lunch when we actually go outside the sun is out at it´s always super nice!

One thing I´ve really gained a huge testimony out here in the field this week is faith. I know for a fact Heavenly Father hears my prayers. Seriously when I want to give up and when I´m feeling frustrated with spanish or feeling like I willl never be a good missionary I just say a prayer to Heavenly Father to help me have the strength to keep going. And within minutes I feel so much better! And I´m ready to baptize the whole world!! And it´s so awesome! I know that I could not serve this mission without His help. I know that when I cannot keep going he will carry me. And I know that if I´m working my hardest then He is pleased.

Well, times up! I love you all so so much! Thank you so much for all the support. I can feel your prayers! I love it here in La Union! I love my companion and I love the people. And I love being a missionary!

Con Amor, Hermana Steele

shout out to uncle scott and aunt athena for the package! I was super excited for every single thing! especially the goldfish! they are my fav and we dont have those here!

No comments:

Post a Comment