Let us cheerfuly do all things that lie in our power....

you know something funny? all the sisters here in the mission have been telling me that you guys moved to Texas to find my husband...HAHA. so i´m glad you guys have already started the search and are showing pictures...hahaha. but that´s really awesome someone is coming to my mission! you have to tell him he´s coming to the best mission in the whole world.
so this week one of our less actives came to church! a member that´s been less active for A VERY LONG TIME. and no matter what we do she just does not want to come back to church. but she came yesterday! with her 2 children! so that was a miracle. we are hoping and praying she´ll have the desire to come next week too. pray for her! (it´s the member that added you on facebook mom...she wants sydney to accept her as a friend. i´m pretty sure she´s already posted pictures of us at church on sunday haha)

so this week i´m really grateful for hermana clark! she´s helped me quite a bit! it´s been a really rough week...
(you don´t have to put these in my blog...they are just for you guys to read so you know and can pray for me hahaha)

ANYWAYS, i´ve just been feeling a little bit sad, and upset! so i started reading some of the notes that the elders from the MTC left me and this is what some of them said:
"i´m going to miss you constant cheerfulness", "your always so cheerful and happy", "thanks for being so upbeat all the time", "thanks for bringing happiness to our MTC family", "you made our class a fun one!", "thanks for brightening up our district everyday". CRAZY RIGHT?! almost every single elder said something about my attitude. and i starting thinking about how the attitude that i have is my decision...my choice! no one can make me be happy...i have to choose to be happy. and really there is no reason i have to be sad. because i am so so so blessed. so this week (and the rest of my life) i´m going to be happy in every and any circumstance. rain, shine, pain, hunger, with progessing investigators or without any investigators at all. im gonna be grateful for what i have...because it A LOT! im going to choose to be happy...because if not, i´m going to have regrets. i´ve realized when im happy, the dumb things that happen just dont matter! there´s a mormon message called "moments that matter most." i love it. it´s one of my favorites. it shows that the little things that happen everyday are from our hevenly father for us to enjoy and cherish. but if we are always upset or sad we let those moments pass us by. there is always something to be grateful for. miracles happen everyday! and having a spirit of gratitude brings us true joy. one of my favorite scriptures says "dearly beloved brothern, let us CHEERFULLY do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." 
i´m really grateful for the many examples i´ve had of gratitud. i´m grateful for you guys you have taught me to be grateful and to be happy in all circumstances.

hey! did i tell you our ward started a choir?! it´s been a lot of fun! hermana clark and i are the pianist...no one else plays. so hermana clark is playing a hymn and i´m playing a hymn!

well family, i love you guys A LOT. i love being a missionary. it´s the best thing ever. i hope you all have a great week!!

ps. one of our investigators wanted me to tell you that you have an amazing daughter...and she wanted me to thank you for raising me hahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment