I seriously love the people of Chile SO MUCH!

i hate how you never really know how much you love something until it´s gone. last week i said goodbye to hermana clark and i miss her so much! she is seriously one of my best friends...i love her a lot! but this week hermana martinez and i have worked really hard! and we´ve taught a TON of lessons! we really are finding new people everyday. i love it! i love being a missionary. i´m finally seeing the fruits of my work here in Valdivia. i have a very VERY strong testimony that the Lords time is not always our time, but he always keeps his promises. i´ve had to accept the will of God and just keep working hard and never give up, even when it was hard. i know that if i do my part, He will do His. we´ve been working hard with the less active members and a ton of them have started coming to church regularly. it makes me so happy to see so many members in the chapel every sunday taking the sacrament that they haven´t in so long. stan sent me an email today that said "you´ll never regret working too hard" and the other day in a letter he wrote "the lord wants us to wear ourselves out in His work". very true.
so about hermana martinez! guess what? we have the same bday! super awesome right?! we are going to be together so we are going to have lots of fun! i´ve only been with her for one week but i really love her a lot! she´s so sweet! sometimes i just look at her and feel an overwhelming love for her! i donno, it´s weird! every night, we give each other compliments...like something that we liked during the day that the other one did or said. and almost every night hermana martinez tells me that one of my greatest strengths is the love i have for the people here. she said my love is very obvious! i would have to agree with her haha...i seriously love the people of chile SO MUCH! I´m so grateful that God has given me the opportunity to love and serve these people. i´ve realized that the love i feel for the people of chile is what motivates me to walk in the rain when i´m wet and cold and get up at 7 am every day when im tired.

i love the gospel. i love learning new things every single day. i especially love being a missionary and being able to share my testimony with EVERYONE! haha i hope you all have opportunities to share yours with someone this week! i love you all SO MUCH! 

con mucho amor, hermana steele

No comments:

Post a Comment