(part of an email) from Sydney to "Sister" aka Madeline

Hi Sister!

I hope that you have had a better week, we have all been praying for you! It made us all so sad to hear you were sick and in pain. We love you so much sister, so so much. I hope you can feel our love even though we are far away! But you are bringing so much happiness and light into the eyes of those who have forgotten what they once knew. At EFY we talked a lot about missionary work and something that stood out to me that our session director said was that you are only reminding them of what they already know and love! You are bringing that to their remembrance and that is such an amazing thing, they are only kept from the truth because they don't know where to find it. In a room full of light, a little candle would not shine very bright, but in a room full of darkness a little candle will shine so bright. YOU are that candle and light in the lives of those who only see darkness. I can't thank you enough for your example to me. Here is a quote for you, "happiness is the object and design of our existence and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it." You are on the right path, and I hope that even in your times of sorrow and trial, you can find happiness because you are making others happy for the rest of their lives.
 I can't believe how close you are to coming home, these months have gone by so fast. Anyway, I love you so much. You are in our prayers and our hearts. & thank you for your beautiful emails each week, I always learn from you! You are such an amazing missionary. 

Love, Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment