Allegory of the Olive Tree!

guess what? I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

this week i read jacob 5...the allegory of the olive tree. i read this part and it hit me: "And it came to pass that the servant said unto his master: How comest thou hither to plant this tree, or this branch of the tree? For behold, it was the poorest spot in all the land of thy vineyard. And the Lord of the vineyard said unto him: Counsel me not; I knew that it was a poor spot of ground; wherefore, I said unto thee, I have nourished it this long time, and thou beholdest that it hath brought forth much fruit." i feel like the past few weeks i´ve been asking the Lord why i´m in this sector. it´s been rough and i wasn´t sure why God was planting me in this part of his vineyard. but i love His answer. the Lord knows this is a poor spot of ground and He knows that it can bring forth much fruit. i´m here to nourish it...and that may take a long time. sometimes i ask (like the Lord did) "What could I have done more for my vineyard?" but the answer is in verse 71..."Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might". i know the Lord asks that i go, and labor in His vineyard...and i know without any doubt that the Lord is laboring with me (v. 72). and if i serve Him faithfully with all my heart, might, mind, and strength he will tell me "blessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the natural fruit" and i will have joy with Him! it´s not easy. it´s not supposed to be. but i know if i do the Lords work in His way, i cannot be frustrated and i can be truly happy. in D&C 42:8 it says "and inasmuch as ye shall find them that will receive you ye shall build up my church". so the question always is "did i build them up?" my desire is to build God´s kingdom here in Chile. i love being a representative of my Savior and i love working with Him in His vineyard.

anyways, i hope you all have a great week! 
XOXO, hermana steele
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO COSETTE! i love you so much cosy!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what incredible insight she has. I need to share this with Charlie, as he is feeling very frustrated in his current area and having no success. It can be so demoralizing as a missionary! And this is just what he needs to hear. You have an amazing young lady here, Sheri! You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete