I Believe the Book of Mormon is the word of God!

hey family...you know how last week i said it was the fastest week of my life? yeah i lied. this last week was the fastest week of my life. 

the weather has started warming up! we are so happy! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!
so now that its warmer cool thing happened...
pretty much my whole mission i´ve worn my sorrels or my hunters for the rain and cold. My boots were always kinda damp and humid inside. and in valdivia we didn´t have fire to dry our boots out. my feet started looking like rasins a while back....and as soon as it started warming up i started wearing flats...my feet started killing. long story short the nurse told me i have "trench foot"...like the soldiers from WW1. My feet started cracking and bleeding once they started drying out. anyways, i dont really know how to explain it but im putting creams on my feet and im taking an antibiotic and some other medicine. just pray for my feet haha. i am feeling much much better. i know God takes care of His missionaries.

so last week we went and visited a couple we´ve been teaching and asked them about their reading in the book of mormon. they told us there is no possible way that the book is true because there is no evidence that the events actually took place. they bashed us pretty hard for about 15 minutes...and while they were talking i started thinking about faith. faith isn´t to have a perfect knowledge of things...if you have faith you hope for things which are not seen. that´s the basis of religion...any religion, not just ours. most people have faith that God exsists...that he is real. but they cannot see Him. we pray to God and we have faith that He listens and answers. it´s the same thing with the book of mormon. we believe it´s the word of God, we believe Joseph Smith translated it...and that is our faith. we may not know where Zarahelma is but we know it existed. we´ve received a witness from the Holy Ghost that it is true...and any person that reads it with faith will receive that witness as well. i know it.
speaking of the book of mormon, i have a goal to finish it by christmas. i´m really excited! on my mission i´ve come to really love the book of mormon. reading it in spanish has been super cool...and another testimony to me that it is true. i will defend that book until the day i die, and nobody can tell me that it is not the word of God.

im excited for this week! to keep working hard here in chile and finding Gods elect. i love being a missionary! and i love you all so much!

love, hermana steele

No comments:

Post a Comment