More miracles!



HOLA! so much to say, so little time.

well just so you know, i signed up for classes. it was so stressful, but it´s done.

so remember like forever ago when i told you about a less active we found knocking doors? and when we taught her the plan of salvation and she would just not believe it? yeah well we´ve seen some pretty crazy miracles with her lately. basically when we found her she didn´t remember ANYTHING. (or she didn´t understand ANYTHING when she was baptized) so anyways, we finally got her to come to church with us a few months ago and she´s been every sunday since. she LOVES the book of mormon. she reads like 10 chapters every week! and last week, we taught her the word of wisdom and yesterday at church she told me that she hasn´t drank coffee since our lesson! it´s been super cool to see.
another family that we´ve reactivated is progessing A TON too. the dad was called to be the president of the young mens yesterday and the youngest daughter will be baptized  next sunday!!!!!! we are SO excited for her! we´ve been teaching her and her family for a while now...she understands EVERYTHING PERFECTLY.
we finally have a mission leader!!!!!!! YAY!! we had correlation for the first time in 6 months last week. it was a miracle.

on saturday we found ANOTHER less active member. she told us to come in and teach her and her family. her 2 youngest boys aren´t members. when we asked them if they believe in God they told us no. so we shared alma 32:21 about faith. we talked about a lot of things that we can´t see but that we can feel (ex the air, love, ect.). in the end we left them with their own copys of the book of mormon and the little boys were like "SWEET! thanks!! we are gonna read it!!" the mom told her kids they would go to church next week and the little boys were super stoked. it was pretty cool. the whole lesson i thought of this primary song: 
"A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus in real to me
I know He lives!  I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me."

i know that Christ lives. i know that this is His work. it´s not mine. and any success i have as a missionary isn´t because of something i did, am doing or will do! i´m just His representative. and i´m here to bring the truth UNTO the people and then put that truth INTO their hearts. i feel like i just watch miracles happen all the time. i know for a fact that i´m here to do the Lords work in His way. like nephi said when he was commanded to build a ship, "Now I, Nephi, did not work the timbers after the manner which was learned by men, neither did I build the ship after the manner of men; but I did build it after the manner which the Lord had shown unto me". (1 nephi 18:2)
i hope you all have a great week! i love you guys SO MUCH!

con amor, hermana steele

No comments:

Post a Comment