Overcoming weaknesses!

hola familia!

mom i got my package! thanks SO MUCH! you are seriously the cutest. the emu oli was super awesome...it made me think of dad reading me "edwina the emu". i´ve been putting it on my knees! also, the garments were SO WHITE...and greatly needed!

this week hermana meacham and i started saying gratitude prayers before we leave the house. it´s been really humbling to remember all the blessings we are receiving from the Lord and all the miracles He continues to bless us with. we also started a "i´m thankful for..." wall. every night we write one thing down that we are thankful for on a sticky note and stick it up on the wall. it´s been fun to write down at least one thing we are grateful for everyday. i just love being a missionary.

i have SO many weaknesses. i know that God has given them to me so that i may be humble and turn to Him for help to overcome those weaknesses. i´m not perfect but i´ve realized that my imperfection is a sign of my humanity not my worth. i know God loves me WITH my weaknesses. He doesn´t expect me to be perfect. but in His strength i can do all things...even the hard things. i think i´ve forgotten that "the Lord is able to do all things if it so be that i exercise faith in Him". i want to become like Christ. so i´m striving with all my heart, and through His grace, my weaknesses can, will be, and are becoming my strengths. it´s hard sometimes to remember that Christ will help me if i let Him. sometimes i feel like the mission is just too hard...but then i remember that i don´t have to do it alone. i know Christ gave His life so that He can help me overcome my natural women. i love Him and am forever grateful for what He did for me so that i can be happy as i strive to become better. how dumb it would be to try and do it without Him and His divine help. so "let us be faithful unto Him" so that when He comes we can hear "well done". 

this week we visited TONS of less active members. we visited one lady named silvia who lives in  a little shack like house...the roof didn´t even cover the house and there were rats running around the floor. then later that night we visited another lady who lives in this big beautiful house. it was amazing to see that they both needed Christ and His Gospel. they both have problems that they can´t deal with on their own. i know they are both daughters of God who loves them the same. i could feel that love for them...it didn´t matter where i was sitting. 

well i love you all SO MUCH! thanks for your examples. have a great week!
con amor, hermana steele

No comments:

Post a Comment