Slow and steady wins the race!


Hola Familia!
so here in the mtc, my distirct and a couple others live in a house. we call it alcantara (after the street name). I love it there soooo much. its awesome. we get better food then those at the MTC haha. its just such a blessing to be able to get on a bus and drive "home". it really is more like a house...and i feel like I get a break for a while. the house is beautiful! oh my goodness its like a little cottage. i will send you pictures next week!
last tuesday we got to go to the temple! it was so amazing. the temple here is beautiful! im so grateful i got to go again. it was just as good as the first time.
ok so we pray like 22 times a day here in the mtc. its crazy. i love it!!! so all the elders in my district love singing the hymn there is sunshine in my soul today, but its more fun to sing in spanish!!! haha so my district is always singing that song. its awesome.
the picture that was sent to you is my district! we are district 3 so we all just call ourselves D3. haha the elders are so awesome. i love them all! and my companion is so so great. i love her so much. the picture was from one of my mtc teachers...hes awesome. we took that picture together because we all got 100% on our planning.
ok family...on sunday we watched this movie called finding faith in chirst. its so good. i cried through the whole movie and i felt the spirit so strong. please go watch it!
so as missionaries we have to be converted to this gospel before we can convert investigators. is the gospel in our hearts? "WE are gods greatest investigators" we need to figure out what the investigators need and then we can say "come with me". investigators are real people. "we dont teach lessons, we teach people". we dont need a license or certificate to teach this gospel. we have the lord on our side. i love the lord so much. my call is to feed his sheep forever. i cannot turn back. i will never turn my back on him. i will never be realsed from being a missionary. this is the greatest calling i can ever have. this decision will shape the rest of my life and the decisions i make. im so grateful for the opportunity i have to be here. i love chile! even though this is so hard, i know im supposed to be here. spanish is still rough...i feel like everyone is progessing so much faster than me. but compared to when i got here ive learned so much! slow and steady wins the race!! hahaha. so crazy thing...i havent even missed my phone or computer or anything!! its awesome! the lord is blessing me! 

the other day hermana durham and i went into a lesson with a plan. when we got in and started asking the investigators questions we decided to change the whole lesson. we started talking about something totally different than we were planning on. the spirit was so strong...telling us we needed to teach something different. it was so awesome. at first the investigator didn't want us to come in. but i was like no no no we are teaching this lesson. so in my horrible spanish i was like we have an important message to share with you! and he was like ok...fine. haha
i really wish we had more time to email. i dont have time to email everyone back! our pdays in the mtc are only 3 hours...so we call them p3day. so we only get an hour to email. im sure i will get faster and better at typing but for now send everyone my love and thanks!
mom- please read alma 38. it reminds me of what you were saying to me before i got on the airplane :) also, the scripture i want for my plauqe is on my blog...d&c 18:15-16.
i love you all so so much. you're in my prayers!
Hermana Steele

1 comment:

  1. Good Stuff Hermana Steele. Sounds like you are cruising right along.

    ReplyDelete