Loving the MTC


Hola Familia!!
holy cow so much to say so little time! i hate the computers we have at the mtc...i cannot type on them! but anyways...wow! so the mtc is so great! i love it here so much. the spirit is so so strong and im learning so much. but this is the hardest thing i have ever done. i miss you guys like crazy. thinking about you makes me tear up! but you know how homesick i get! spanish is so hard!  i feel so behind! almost all the other missionaries have had at least some spanish! my companion is great though! she took 5 years of spanish so she knows a lot. she is from SLC and went to east high! so thats cool! she reminds me a lot of aubrey. you know my personality...i want to be able to understand spanish now! i didnt think it would be so tough. but i think the lord is trying to teach me patience. weve had so many lessons on not worrying about spanish...that it will take up to 6 months to be able to understand. but sometimes i think why did i get called to a spanish speaking mission!? and sometimes on really hard days i think why am i even here! i want to go home! but then i am reminded of why i am here. my mtc teachers are so great. i will be having a hard time and the next lesson i get is so amazing and i remember that i am here because i want to help others come unto christ. i need to focus on what people need so that i can teach them the best that i can. i need to have the spirit with me always so that they can feel the spirit too..then the spirit can guide my lesson. it will no longer be my lesson, but his. i know my redeemer lives. i know he died for me. i know i am a child of god. i want the people of chile to know that too. i am a sheperd of christ, a represtative of him. It is my job to listen to people, help people, comfort people, stengthen people, and invite them to come unto christ. i will give my life to these people and love them with all my heart. i know that when im having a hard day or moment that the feelings im having are from satan. and he wants me to be discouraged and frusterated. i am here in chile for a reason. and i cannot let satan tell me otherwise.
the other day we had a lesson on being happy. D&C 31. go read it now! lift up your heart and rejoice. in everything rejoice. be happy! smile! i have learned fast here in the mtc that being negative will drive the spirit away fast. helaman 10:4 and 5. do i want to hear those words when im done with my mission? the time is now for me to decice what kind of missionary i am going to be. i dont want to come home and say i didnt do my best. i want to say i lived up to my potiential. so everyday i ask myself ¨did i do my best today?¨ the answer should always be yes. if i look for the lords help, it can be easy. but i cannot do it alone.
so even though im very discouraged about my spanish i am learning so much! i can pray in spanish and bear my testimony! so thats pretty cool! the problem in chile is that everyone talks SOOOOOO FAST! so i cannot understand natives. but i can totally understand when other americans speak spanish! there are a lot of natives here in the chile MTC! they are awesome! i love them! i cannot wait to get to osorno! the mtc is amazing but its tough. i sit for 12 hours a day and study. you just gotta love it though.
so my companion and i have already taught lessons to 2 investigators! the first one went pretty well! our teacher said we did really good but i didnt say much. i was crying before the lesson because i was so nervous! but we said a prayer before we went in and it went ok! but the second lesson was amazing...
story time!!!!!!!!!
my companion and i were trying to figure out what to teach this investigator. we were sitting there forever trying to figure it out. we were thinking we would teach about our heavenly father and his plan for us. that we are his children. but nothing was coming to mind. to either of us. so we stopped and decided we would ditch that plan and try something else. as soon as we decided to teach the atonement ideas came fast. We said a prayer and went in and taught our lesson. the spirit was so strong, guiding us! while we were teaching i felt that we needed to teach our investigator how to pray. my companion felt the same so thats what we did. she spoke of course...i couldnt say any of that in spanish!! haha but then as we ended our lesson i felt that we should ask him to say the closing prayer. so i asked him and he said yes! and he said he would come to church with us on sunday! and our first investigator said he would be baptized! so its been pretty awesome. (our investigators here in the mtc are just our teachers. but they are acting like someone real...like someone they know or taught on their missions. so we as missionaries have to teach them according to what they need). anways after our lesson our teacher said he felt the spirit so strong and that our lesson was great. of course he gave us some tips to improve on, but was a happy camper because like an hour before we went into teach i was having the hardest time!


anyways i have to go now. more studying to get to! i love you all so so so much. please pray for me! this church is true and im so grateful for it.
Love, Hermana Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment