tengo gozo en mi alma hoy!

FAMILIA! IM IN THE FIELD!
like what? can you believe it?! my time in the CCM went by so fast! too fast!! i miss it there! seriously leaving the CCM was like saying goodbye to family again! because my district was my family! but i love it here in the mission! my mission president is AMAZING. amazing. im so so so lucky. my first area is called la union! its beautiful! and its more like what i imagined chile to be like. santiago was very modern compared to where i am now! but i absoultely love it. my trainer (my mama) is awesome! her name is hermana bennett! shes from UT! shes teaching me a lot and helping me to be a better missionary! im super grateful for her and her example.
spanish is coming! we only speak spanish...all day everyday! and im getting better everyday! in the next few months i should be speaking a lot better! but for now, i just do the best i can haha......seriously people talk so fast here. the other day someone asked me how many sisters i have and i thought he said how many years do you have (how old are you). so i said 19 hahahahah! he was like WOW! it was pretty funny.

oh my goodness family, i absoultely love the people of chile. i cant even describe the love i have for these people. i love them with all my heart. we are teaching a lot of people...a lot of menos activos. a lot of times we will just read el libro de mormòn with them. because that book can work miracles. read it every single day! its my very best friend out here in chile. well that and the spirit. haha! OH!!!!!! SATURDAY WE HAD A BAPTISM! yeah 1st baptism in the mission! YAY! we have been teaching her since i got here and then she was baptized on saturday! her name is Omyra...she is 9 years old and her mama is a less active! shes super great...such a cute little girl! after baptism we teach every lesson again so now we are starting from the beginning with her. 

i cant believe how happy i am. even when its hard (which it is...always will be), and when i know satan is getting to me, i am happy! i know for a fact there is NOTHING better i could be doing right now. nothing. and when i miss home, i just remember that i get to be with my family forever and these people dont.

so yeah the package you sent me is here in chile haha. i will get it either tomorrow or wed! they told me i have some other packages too...but i will get them all this week! thank you thank you for all the love!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO IZZY & LILY!! i love you both so much and im so grateful for you both. 

anways, i love you all! thanks for all the emails! i love reading them all! gracias gracias! i hope you all have a great week! 
con amor, hermana steele

No comments:

Post a Comment