This gospel is all about change! Shout out to the Hales and Merrill families!

remember last week how i said i love my trails? yeah well i still do but this last week had been pretty hard. one day i had to walk upstairs to my bedroom and i just fell on my knees and pleaded with the lord to help me get through the day. i know that heavenly fathers knows that i can only grow and learn and become stronger through my trails. but its hard because i want to be able to speak spanish perfectly right now and be a perfect teacher/missionary right now. there should never ever be just two options: perfection or giving up. i got a letter from elder hawkes the other day and he said that life is kinda like a word document. we have to click "save changes" and learn from our mistakes. i´ve learned out here in the mission that this gospel is all about change. that´s why we have the atonement. repentance is about changing to become better! i love talking about repentance in lessons and explaining that we have repentance to better ourselves and that repentance isn´t a bad thing. and telling people that god doesn´t expect us to be perfect. it´s awesome. i remember one of the first emails mom sent me in the MTC...she said "we cannot attain perfection in this life but that doesn´t mean we can´t strive for it." i truely need my savior every hour. in the good times and in the bad times. and he promises me that he will not forsake me.

so the past few days hermana bennett and i have been talking to EVERYONE. and we´ve been knocking on a lot of doors. and it´s been so awesome! i love it! at the end of the day i feel super great because i know i have fufilled my purpose as a missionary...to invite ALL to come unto christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel.

well i hope you have a great week! i love you all so much!! SO SO MUCH! 
con amor, hermana steele

shout out to the hales family and the merril for the christmas cards! they made my day! i loved seeing your families pictures! thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment